Thread: Donnington National Sunday 4th September

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Donnington National Sunday 4th September

Next race looming closer.

I doubt it but, if anyone wants a weekend away I may have a couple of tickets spare. I am racing on the Sunday but going up on the Saturday morning and staying over. The tickets are a weekend pass.

http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/?q=Calendar

Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one Lee.

I have rather a lot of motorsport this month, so will pass.

Good luck.
    MikeH - "The Orb was right"

3. Thanks iowlee thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How'd you get on Lee?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quali 23 out of both groups, when they split the 2 groups (i'm in group 2) it ended up me being 21st so beat most of group 1's quail times. ended up finishing 19th. Had a really bad pit stop as my front o/s arch came loose, problem was the nut that holds this on is the top nut on the top arm, so understandable they would not release me. Frantic running around from one of the other racers to find a 19mm spanner as neither of us had any tools in the pits got it sorted. So in reality probably wouldn't have come higher than 17th or 18th without that issue but who knows. Also had a couple of off track incidents one being a bucking bronko session through the gravel mid final chicane.
    As per the photos linked below.

http://www.davidstallardphotography....16/i-9HhPZJp/A

Floor has now been reprofiled back to as normal as possible.
    Great experience.
    Off to Cadwell this weekend.
    If you ever want to come to an event Dan I always have spare tickets. The company is always appreciated as well.

I must upload the video at some point. Had a couple of other brown trouser moments.

I am having such a great time, my short term goal is to finish higher than quali each event so, happy so far.

I am way off the pace to the front runners, need to find another 100-150 horses. Growing a larger pair would also help. I need to get the car corner weighted and set up correctly as well. Experimented at Donny with lower tyre pressures which seemed to help, running 19 and 20 HOT so around 13-15 COLD.

Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are the front guys running 350+!??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep apparently so, was listening to a couple of them from group G, I believe, talking it seems that way. after my dyno session I am 191 (from memory) at wheels. My class is for up to 220bhp, class G for 221 to 260.
    Class H is for cars with a minimum of 261 bhp, they are all a minimum of 2.3ltr. The front guys are always in class H they are lapping 5-6 seconds a lap faster than me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regs for Group 2 below.

The Gold Arts Magnificent Seven Group 2 race series is for cars based on the Lotus Seven design with engines producing over 185bhp, including Caterham, Lotus, Westfield, MK, Tiger, Dax, Stuart Taylor, Raw, Locost or similar type cars. Cars producing under 185bhp will race in group 1, please see separate regulations.
    Series Highlights
     40 minute race with a mandatory pit stop and 30 minute qualifying session on the same day.
     A popular, well proven series with large grids ensuring plenty of close, clean competition within each class.
     Entries may be either single drivers, two drivers sharing a single car or a two car team.
     Great value racing – It is a requirement to join the club as a member for 39 for 12 months, register the car for 99 (also includes registration for CSCC Open
    Series) and enjoy race entries from just 325.
     Winners penalty helps reduce the likelihood of the same car dominating at the next round.
     Freedom of choice when it comes to tyres (MSA list 1A/1B/1C) and many other modifications.
    Class Structure:
    Group 2
    Class R R300 Duratec engined cars running to standard Caterham power output
    Class D. Cars with 1800 cc engines with a power output up to 205 bhp and standard Vauxhall power units
    Class E. Cars with 2000 cc engines with a power output of 220 bhp e.g. R 400 with Duratec power units and modified Vauxhall power units. Class F. Modified Rover K series 1800 cc with a power output of 230 bhp.
    Class G. Cars fitted with 2000 to 2300 cc Duratec engines with power outputs of 221 to 260 bhp.
    Class H. Cars fitted with engines producing more than 261 bhp and forced induction bike engines
    Class K. Naturally aspirated bike-engined cars above 1300cc or 185bhp
    Class T2 Taster class (not eligible for awards)
    Chassis and Silhouette
    The chassis and silhouette must remain as per original manufacture's design from all angles. Windscreens or aeroscreens must be used. Lights where fitted must operate. Working stop-lights and FIA rain light must be fitted. Unless factory fitted we do not allow diffusers or wings. All competitors must run 6 point harnesses that conform to MSA regulations (no 4 point harnesses) and it is highly recommended that competitors wear wrist/arm restraints. All cars must display the correct club stickers as supplied by the club upon registration otherwise they may not be eligible for awards.
    Tyres
    Cars to run on MSA list 1A/1B/1C treaded tyres.
    European rounds
    In order to race with the CSCC at Spa or another European round, drivers are required to race with us twice beforehand and hold a National ‘A’ or higher licence.
    Pit stops
    After 10-minutes and up to 25-minutes of the race each car must make a mandatory one minute pit-stop.
    Two car teams will be required to wait 1 minute after the first car comes to a halt before leaving their starting position in the pit lane. Full pit stop regulations are available on the CSCC website.
    Winners penalty
    The outright race winner of group 2 (not class winners) will start their next race from the pit lane. This penalty will only be applied for one race or until that person wins another race outright. If the winner is unable to compete in the following race then when they will start from the pit lane behind the last race winner(s) next time they race in date order.
    Entries
    Entries may be either one car with one or two drivers or two cars with different drivers. All drivers must be a member of the Classic Sports Car Club and each car must be registered.
    Awards
    Awards are given at each round: - Overall Winner, 1st in Class, 2nd in Class with 4 starters and 3rd in Class with 7 starters.
    Give us a try
    We allow a “Taster” round when the 99 car registration fee will be waived for the first ever round with the CSCC but must be paid on entry of the 2nd round. This first race will be in the Taster class which is not eligible for awards. Fully paid up registered cars take priority over taster cars in the case of oversubscribed races, up until 4 weeks before the date of the race meeting.
    Technical rights of the CSCC
    The CSCC have the right to overrule any of the above rules, including moving a car between classes and/or treat any applicant individually as seen fit to help promote and to enhance the series, and to protect and respect the position of all existing competitors. The CSCC welcomes all new enquiries. We advise all interested parties to contact us before building or purchasing a car so we can help ensure the car is suitable for the series. The CSCC also reserves the right to re-classify any car from a meeting that does not comply with the series technical regulations or is not prepared to an acceptable standard. The Club reserves the right to amend these regulations at any time in the year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better get a bigger motor mate! I'm sure you will be competitive.
    MikeH - "The Orb was right"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He might have cleared the gravel

Mega mega bucks for more power from where we are now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    He might have cleared the gravel

Mega mega bucks for more power from where we are now.
    I have already started getting bits together for a new build. However I may now need to invest in bottom end parts to take it to 2.2 this can be done for iro 3k onto of what I have already for the top end. I may look at wilder cams but that is going to add a further 1K potentially.
    Then there is the gearbox, I think sequential is a must, I am guessing .3 - .5 of a second per shift saved. I'm sure rich will confirm the sort of figures he managed to save. But then I need another few K.

I thought this was supposed to be a bit of fun!

Fun gets addictive though.