User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: write up from todays last min booking for Goodwood trackday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No but I could try and ask him. I have his email address. I was going to send him a video from the session but had a fly commit suicide right over the blooming lense!!! He looked to have a standard exhaust with a bung bolted over the exit of the pipe. He was 98db static and although he was over the 96 drive by this was only when he and I were being rather aggressive.

A Goddam Sexual Tyrannosaurus Ziplobb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iowlee View Post
    No but I could try and ask him. I have his email address. I was going to send him a video from the session but had a fly commit suicide right over the blooming lense!!! He looked to have a standard exhaust with a bung bolted over the exit of the pipe. He was 98db static and although he was over the 96 drive by this was only when he and I were being rather aggressive.
    It's the induction side that I think is the issue he should have the same roller barrel TBH on that car - if you could mention it please
    Fucked up by Deave (again)

3. Thanks UltimateAdam thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been doing some research on the noise thing, as some now know and it turns out that a significant amount of noise can be emitted via the crankcase. The Ford heat balance tables mention this as being a measurable source of heat and energy loss. Worth a thought.

It's looking like engine bay sound insulation will be needed to get down to the 95db that some circuits are now requiring.

The intakes I'm working on will be modelled by Iain when I get around to sending him the drawings. (The modelling analysis wa part of his degree thesis, and post uni work. Why bark when you own a dog... )

Biding his time until D(T)-Day Steve Wells's Avatar
    Waiting for the lights to go out on the grid
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodwood are more sensible than they used to be on dealing with noise now the circuit has a new manager.
    SEWC™ RACING Locost #7 & Locost #21. Soon to be joined by Locost #???