User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 120

Thread: Drones

  1. #101
    The Bourne Resurrection ElectroSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    моя машина
    Posts
    1,000,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess we will never really know for sure what happened now.
    Its not like somebody will come forward and say it was their drone, and there are people claiming it was nothing more that a plastic bag floating in the air

  2. #102
    Economical Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WWC
    Posts
    26,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    What happened is nothing happened and an agenda based media, with the help of the fuck wit police, made this story up.

  3. Likes MikeH liked this post
  4. #103
    The Bourne Resurrection ElectroSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    моя машина
    Posts
    1,000,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well no not really Dan, it might or might not have been a drone, even if it turns out to have been a plastic bag there will be calls for tighter controls over drones and in the future there will be.

    Shops are selling these things by the dozen, people are flying them everywhere and anywhere they like.
    I was looking at one in Menkind a few weeks ago that has no limitations on its flight at all, I can do what the hell I like with it. Be it fly it over the downs on in the flightpath at Sandown airport.

    Controls are needed.

  5. Dislikes Ziplobb disliked this post
  6. #104
    ..not usually one to moan.........much MikeH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Assimilating
    Posts
    16,046
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroSoldier View Post
    Well no not really Dan, it might or might not have been a drone, even if it turns out to have been a plastic bag there will be calls for tighter controls over drones and in the future there will be.

    Shops are selling these things by the dozen, people are flying them everywhere and anywhere they like.
    I was looking at one in Menkind a few weeks ago that has no limitations on its flight at all, I can do what the hell I like with it. Be it fly it over the downs on in the flightpath at Sandown airport.

    Controls are needed.
    Perhaps for idiots like you.

    Someone could drive a car into a playground full of school children, through a shop window, off a cliff - a car is infinitely more dangerous than a drone, but you don't look for hard limitations in a car to stop these things.
    FGM

  7. #105
    The Bourne Resurrection ElectroSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    моя машина
    Posts
    1,000,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    Perhaps for idiots like you.

    Someone could drive a car into a playground full of school children, through a shop window, off a cliff - a car is infinitely more dangerous than a drone, but you don't look for hard limitations in a car to stop these things.
    No Mike, its for all idiots among which you are most definitely included and the reason for that is because you think you shouldnt be.
    You are without doubt the most dangerous kind of drone pilot. Because as it stands you think you can do no wrong.

  8. Dislikes Ziplobb disliked this post
  9. #106
    ..not usually one to moan.........much MikeH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Assimilating
    Posts
    16,046
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroSoldier View Post
    No Mike, its for all idiots among which you are most definitely included and the reason for that is because you think you shouldnt be.
    You are without doubt the most dangerous kind of drone pilot. Because as it stands you think you can do no wrong.
    There is a vast difference between thinking you can do no wrong and understanding what you can and cannot do with a drone.

    Just about everything in life comes down to human decision making, so I'm unsure why you feel like following aviation laws for drones should be taken away from the human.

    I implore you to drive your car towards the edge of Culver and wait for the car to prevent you from going over the edge.
    FGM

  10. Thanks Ziplobb thanked for this post
    Likes norbie liked this post
  11. #107
    gerk norbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Side of the road.
    Posts
    10,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A passenger plane thought to have been struck as it approached Heathrow airport was probably not hit by a drone after all, the government says.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36159117
    Grammar - The difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit.

  12. #108
    Economical Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WWC
    Posts
    26,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm sure we'll see similar media hysteria in reporting this.

  13. #109
    gerk norbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Side of the road.
    Posts
    10,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Got some ace pictures in Cornwall this weekend, and tested its limits by flying 4km into wind out to a lighthouse from our campsite. Clear line of sight but a damn long way! (Video is sped up at 4x speed and is best viewed at 1080p on a large screen)



    Grammar - The difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit.

  14. #110
    The Bourne Resurrection ElectroSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    моя машина
    Posts
    1,000,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://hackaday.com/2016/05/02/debun...lane-hysteria/

    An interesting article in many ways.

    Ill leave you to read it before I add any observations about it though

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •